People are welcome to visit səmiq̓ʷəʔelə between 6 am and 9 pm, seven days a week. We ask visitors to be respectful of the property, people living and working here, and to follow site regulations. Please review our Photography Protocols (Section 4.12) before visiting the site. These documents set out directions about how to safely get around, park and ensure trees and archeological areas are protected. Please read our archaeological protocol before visiting the site. Soil Disturbing Works/activities are prohibited.
Tenant privacy is very important to us. Photographing people on site is strictly prohibited.
Special Events Protocol
The Special Events Protocol sets out how to host a special event at Riverview. Note that there may be additional restrictions related to COVID-19. A special event is defined as:
- An organized gathering of people to support a community, cultural, recreational or sport experience within a limited time and open to the public
- A recreational, cultural or sport activity that is approved by a recognized authority
- Any activity that could impact səmiq̓ʷəʔelə property, facilities or public safety
- Any event that promotes and invites the general public to the səmiq̓ʷəʔelə site or facilities
Site and Resident Safety - səmiq̓ʷəʔelə Rules and Regulations
Please help us maintain səmiq̓ʷəʔelə and respect those who use it.
- Visitors are welcome to the site from 6am to 9pm, seven days a week, year-round. Public access is not permitted outside these hours
- Security patrol and CCTV monitoring are in place on the site
- The site is considered an area of high archeological potential – no Ground Disturbing activities are permitted without proper permitting under the Heritage Conservation Act
- Pets must always be leashed and are not permitted within the cemetery grounds
- Smoking, fireworks and alcohol are strictly prohibited in all common areas across the site
- Be respectful and don't disrupt other users, tenants, visitors or residents
- Unauthorized building access will be treated as trespassing and reported to the RCMP as a break & enter
Photography at səmiq̓ʷəʔelə
- Tenant privacy is very important to us - photographing people on site is strictly prohibited: Photography Protocols (Section 4.12)
- Drone usage is not permitted on the səmiq̓ʷəʔelə without permission from BC Housing
- Photography is restricted on site per the səmiq̓ʷəʔelə photography protocols
Vehicle traffic at səmiq̓ʷəʔelə
- Vehicle traffic is only permitted on roads and designated parking areas
- All unauthorized vehicles parked in reserved parking zones are subject to towing at the owner’s expense
- Unattended vehicles found on the site during off-limit times are subject to towing at the owner’s expense
- The maximum speed limit on səmiq̓ʷəʔelə roadways is 25km/hour – drivers who exceed this speed limit may temporarily or permanently banned from driving on site
Please respect and maintain the unique səmiq̓ʷəʔelə landscape
- Don't damage trees or remove/collect wood debris
- Don't climb trees
- Dumping and littering is strictly prohibited and may be subject to fines
- Take all waste with you and dispose of it off-site so as not to attract wildlife
To report any violation of the Rules and Regulation call 604-782-6540 or 604-778-4365 (the 24-hour security contact numbers). Anyone visiting the səmiq̓ʷəʔelə does so at their own risk.